Job Title: Country Manager (India National)
Status: Local consultant
Temporary 1 year contract (renewable if needed)
(Home based with frequent travel to Bihar, Rajasthan and periodically Delhi).
The masculine form is used solely to facilitate reading.
ONE DROP – THE ORGANIZATION
One Drop, an ambitious, agile and entrepreneurial non-profit organization created in 2007 by the founder of Cirque du Soleil, Guy Laliberté, strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. As an emerging leader of the water, sanitation and hygiene sector (WASH), One Drop significantly and sustainably improves the living conditions of communities within developing countries worldwide through innovative water-access projects. To learn more, visit onedrop.org.
ONE DROP – THE PEOPLE
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures delivered by exceptional people, and the men and women who lead at One Drop are those who step up to the plate. Charting paths through unfamiliar territory and inspiring everyone around them, they are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities within today’s challenges. You are one of these leaders. With your energy, passion and determination, you motivate and inspire those around you to use their clarity of vision, their enthusiasm and their will to succeed to turn dreams into reality. And you get results.
ONE DROP – THE OPPORTUNITY
One Drop is looking for a Country Manager to oversee One Drop’s India projects to support the One Drop team based in Montreal in assisting the Executing Partners in charge of the implementation of the projects in the field.
Based in India (flexible location with frequent travel to Bihar and Rajasthan, and perhaps more regions in the future). Periodic travel to Delhi to meet with Executing Partners’ HQ teams and key WASH stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director, Africa and Asia based in Montreal, Canada:
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Country Manager will be responsible for:
• Managing and monitoring the projects assigned to him (in Bihar and Rajasthan with the possibility of more regions in the future) such as project financials, project reports, committee reports, etc.;
• Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders in particular local Executing Partners and others as mandated by One Drop;
• Supporting the Social Art for Behavior Change (SABC) components of the projects, using One Drop tools and procedures;
• Providing oversight, support and coordination for activities performed by Executing partners in reflection of the project Project Implementation Plan(s) and Annual Work Plan(s);
• Advise One Drop on important sectorial trends and potential impacts of programs
• Maintain clear continuous lines of communication with the Director, Africa and Asia, the Executing Partners and share, disseminate the latest sector information and learnings;
• Coordination support in capacity building of concerned stakeholders and other support as identified;
• Network and promote One Drop’s work in India in different national forums and explore new collaborations and opportunities in coordination with One Drop’s International Programs team;
• Quality control of deliverables submitted by the Executing Partners;
• Providing oversight and coordination for operation and financial reporting to meet One Drop requirements;
• Collecting, analyzing and synthesizing results and data for monitoring & evaluation reporting
• Coordinate the logistics with Executing Partners for One Drop staff and guests to visit projects;
• Support and oversee elements of the Bollywood film evaluation and creation of relevant SABC tool(s) for future dissemination;
• Support research, studies and project’s evaluation;
• Support Program Steering Committees when requested
• Any other task in connection with its role
• Graduate degree in Development, Social Sciences, Political Science or other related fields
• PMP designation is an asset
• At least 10 years of significant experience in project management within rural development, water supply and/or sanitation.
• Demonstrated experience working for large projects ($ 2 million or greater)
• Experience leading multidisciplinary teams working for similar projects with a preference in the WASH sector
• Experience working with governments and institutional partners, ideally in the WASH sector
• Experience in capacity building to small and medium- sized enterprises or local NGOs
• Previous work experience in rural India
Languages and technical skills:
• Fluency in English and Hindi
• Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office suite
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence and mobilize teams
• Team player and excellent interpersonal skills to work as part of a team remotely
• Diplomatic and able to handle delicate situations
• Ability to work autonomously and result-oriented
• Interest in art as a vector for social change
• Ability to work in an environment based on multiple partnerships.
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with your motivation letter to: contact@ONEDROP.org
We thank all applicants, however only those selected will be contacted.
Last change: June 7, 2017
Job Title: Country Manager (India National)